It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, April 25, 2010

Camping Out (and a few other things)

The subject of this post is a camping trip that Jaydon and I took this weekend, but before I start I need to make a short to-do list, mostly for myself but also because if I make a list then it becomes something I have to do. Here are some things I want to do soon:

  1. Start writing a cook book. I already have the title, "Mighty Fine" and will do a post soon on the title and the cook book.
  2. Add a page to this blog with a weekly devotional. While I was the president of my Sunday School Class most Sundays I offered a short devotional at the start of the class. I really enjoyed doing these and in a way is why I started this blog (to catch those quick, fleeting thoughts that run around in my mind), and hmmmI need to do a post on the class sometime, too.
  3. Along the same line, I've been copying my posts into a Word document. I'm not sure what I want to do with these, but will save them electronically and/or print into a paper document like a scrapbook or maybe a book?
  4. Post an update on the pups (yes, they are still cute).
  5. Mow my yard and clean my house (there, I added it to the list and now I have to do it!)

Okay, enough of lists. Jaydon was out of school on Friday so I took off a day and we went camping at the state park at Inks Lake. Friday was a nice warm day, but we had a stormy night (yes, the back of the tent collapsed in the wind and we had to retreat to the car for 30 minutes during the worst of the storm and it was a long night). Saturday morning the rain ended around 5:00 a.m. and we awoke to a cold, but beautiful morning.



Jaydon loved the tent and at first I had to coax him out to do other things.

He really enjoyed climbing the rocks at the Devil's Waterhole and gazing at the fish and moss covered rocks at the edge of the water.

It was a simple trip, nothing complicated. We roasted hotdogs, toasted marshmallows, and did the traditional camping things. I enjoyed my time with Jaydon, and I found myself wondering several times about the memories we were creating. I wonder what he will remember about this trip. We are both looking forward to having Cam be old enough to camp with us. I'm going to try to set up another trip for us before he leaves for the summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment