|This turtle delighted Jaydon and me by coming up the steps to grab the commercial pellets we were throwing in the water!|
(Thanks go out to Suzzassippi for inspiring this post!)
Seven things I'm thankful for this Sunday in May:
1. I am thankful for a quiet, peaceful Sunday afternoon in May. The temperature is unseasonably cool, no humidity, and a soft breeze is blowing through the trees. And I can't forget the joy that the big fluffy clouds bring me as they drift across the sky, ever changing.
2. I am thankful for all the little green cherry tomatoes on the plant in the pot on my driveway. The plant is straggly, despite generous feedings of plant food, but the tomatoes are healthy and bug free. I will take what the plant gives me and be thankful.
3. I am thankful for laughter shared with friends. People need people and as much as I treasure my solitude, I value my friendships. A smile and a shared laugh lifts the spirit!
4. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve communion to my brothers and sisters in the choir this morning. As I placed the bread into each waiting hand and whispered, "This is the Body of Christ, broken for you" I was reminded of the human bond and the sweet fellowship that we enjoy between each of us as well as the heavenly connection. The blessing was all mine in those sweet moments.
5. I am thankful for a healthy body. I am thankful that I can put my feet on the ground every morning and get out of bed. Yes, my back hurts right now but I can live with it. I cannot and will not complain; good health is a gift that I am thankful for every day.
6. I am thankful for the smell of fresh mowed grass that brings back memories of summers long ago and my dad's faithful mowing on Saturday afternoon followed by the start of the charcoal grill. I am thankful for the smell of fresh washed clothes coming out of the dryer and being put on hangers, too. Clean and crisp. For the soothing feelings from gentle scents I give thanks.
7. I am thankful for the joy and satisfaction that comes from everyday tasks. There is a continuity in those tasks that gives me a sense of peaceful accomplishment. Simple things like taking out the trash, starting the dishwasher, and sweeping off the porch give me contentment. For those tasks I give thanks.
I'm also thankful for soft, wet puppy dog noses that nuzzle me. I'm thankful for a dear lady who helped me with my knitting problems last week so now I'm much more satisfied with my knitting. Did I mention that I'm thankful for the satisfaction that comes when I finish a task? But wait, I've gone way over 7 things! I'll save some more for Friday Fives next Friday!