It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Fives 05.15.2015

Here's what I'm thankful for tonight:

1.  I'm thankful for things that surprise me and make me smile.  That's what these cats did today.  I bought this little bag at the Quilt Festival last year and use it to keep my purse camera in.  I love Laurel Burch designs and this was just what I wanted.  Today I had put it on my desk and forgotten about it - until I looked around and saw these fellows looking me (bet those faces made you smile, too)!  A smile in the midst of a crazy morning was just what I needed!

2.  I'm thankful for a week's vacation, time off from work.  Actually, it's 10 days long because of the Memorial Day weekend.  While I'm not taking the road trip I wanted, I know that it will come in due time.  I do have some travels planned, and of course, will be sharing them here.  It is a good thing to know that the next 10 days are all mine. 

3.  I'm thankful for the rains that have come, including the fierce storm that went through this morning.  This afternoon the sun, less the humidity, came out and finished up a beautiful day.  The life giving rain has given a deep greenness to the trees, growth to the grass and shrubs, and food for the deer and other grazing wildlife.  For this I am deeply grateful to the Creator.

4.  I'm thankful for dining al fresco.  It is my favorite way to eat and I partake of most meals, weather permitting, that way.  The fresh air and peaceful, quiet of nature around me are a soothing accompaniment to my food.  Often I find myself lingering after the meal in these pleasant surroundings.

5.  I am thankful for the soft, comfortable bed that will welcome me in a few hours.  I am tired; I am ready for restful sleep with no alarm clock to wake me.  The walls of the room will wrap themselves around me and the roof will shelter me; I am thankful that I can lay down and sleep in safety and comfort.  I am thankful for the gift of sleep that restores me.

On this Friday night I have much for which to be thankful.  I'm sure you do, too!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, and yes, a cat in any form makes me smile. :) I was thankful that after driving through pouring rain from the Mississippi border to home I got to sleep in my own bed last night!

    ReplyDelete