It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vermont, Day 3




Ok, back to my trip. Day 3 started in Freeport cool with rain. The hotel had their fireplace going (heaven on a June morning!) and we gathered around it as the bus was being loaded. After a 2 hour ride on winding roads which almost did me in we arrived at Keepsake Quilting. I was so excited as they are a major store and I've ordered many times from them. However, due to the rain we arrived later than planned and ended up only having about an hour and a half and that included our time to buy a sandwich for the afternoon ride. So I was cruising quickly through Keepsake!
Our two hour ride during the afternoon was very scenic and we were all glad to arrive at the Trapp Family Lodge. All I can say is what an awesome place! The scenery is just breathtaking and the Lodge and surrounding areas are stunning. I loved the fragrant garden and would love to have had time for one of their tours. We spent two nights here and had two delicious breakfasts and two evening meals in their first class restaurant.

This is part of the lodge, it is too big to get into one shot and still have any detail visible. And, there was no air conditioning in our rooms (no need for it).
This garden provides flowers for the hotel and vegetables for the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment