It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, July 4, 2010

Maine

The first day of my trip started with a morning tour of Boston. This was very quick, and as I wrote earlier gave me a feel for the historical significance of the city. I would like to go back and have time to really explore some of the sites. After lunch we headed "Down East" as they say and went to Freeport Maine. We spent two nights here. What a neat town, many outlet stores here as well as local shops. I ate dinner at Jameson Tavern (built in 1779 and turned into an inn/tavern in 1801 and now a very nice restaurant). Of course, had to make a trip to the L.L. Bean flagship store while here. During the first afternoon we visited our first quilt shop, Cotton Weeds.

Jameson Tavern



A New England home (& yes, they all looked very much like this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment