It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just say "Thank You"

This isn't the first time this has happened, but when it happened this afternoon I decided it was time to sound off! After a trip to the eye doc yesterday I went to the optical shop after work this afternoon. I bought 2 new pairs of progressive lense glasses and had lenses replaced in 2 pairs of readers so I spent some money. The guy that helped me was very nice and very knowledgeable about the glasses but when he handed me my receipt all he said was "see you tomorrow at 3". That is it! He never thanked me for my business!

I've had the same thing happen in the grocery store and always wonder, "Don't these people realize that my purchase helps to pay their salary?" How hard is it for stores to train their employees to look people in the eye and say "Thank you" as they complete the transaction? Most department store employees do, and usually they will call me by name as they hand me my receipt. My 2 favorite clothing stores do, too. I think it is time for me to start completing those annoying little surveys they give you on your receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment