It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Gift of Music

Church choir practice started up again tonight after a brief recess. I had missed several practices before the recess so I felt like I had really been gone a long time, but it was good to walk back into the choir room and see familiar faces and know that I'm back in the routine. And as we were practicing I had the thought of how thankful I am for music. Imagine a world without music...I can't. I have never understood people that don't care for music, how can you not like it? (I once took a quilting class and several participants were complaining about another class they took and the instructor insisted on playing music during the class. However, the same ladies were quick to note that they did their best sewing while watching movies...go figure). Even little Cameron can recognize tunes, his little face lights up when you start to sing "Head and shoulders, knees and toes"! So, bring on the music I say!

I will sing a new song unto thee, O God, upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee. Psalm 144:9

No comments:

Post a Comment