It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, March 14, 2014

Do you have any maps?

This is a question that I've asked several times in the last few days.  I need a paper map, yes an honest to goodness old-fashioned paper map.  The type that you unfold, spread out in front of you, use the place finder (column b, row 3) and figure out where you need to go. 

I'm going on a little road trip (finally) and as I was somewhat belatedly planning my travels this week I realized that I need a paper map.  I know, I know.  I have a navigation system in my car and on my phone, plus in the evenings I will hopefully have internet.  But what happens if I need to consult a map while on the road.  The navigation system has a nice big screen, but it doesn't really show me the whole picture unless I make it terribly small.  Same thing with the phone, although the phone app shows traffic alerts so that is handy.

So off I went on my map quest.  I managed to find local maps, and regional maps. And, a map of the whole United States.  I did not go to one of the large chain bookstores, and they probably would have had a better selection.  I'll see what I find along the way.  Stops to hunt for a map maybe part of my road trip, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment