It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Now we come to Advent

Thanksgiving is over, we are in the season of Advent, Christmas is to come and then the New Year.  I dearly love this time of year and find myself trying to hold back the days, just wanting them to last.  But they don't and I know that the season will all too quickly pass.

Tonight at choir practice our music minister put this prayer on our choir notes page.  He did not attribute it to anyone, but I assume he wrote it, so with credit to Pastor Dave I offer this prayer:

Holy God, bring your unexpected light to us in this Advent season.  Calm our spirits as we madly rush from task to task, from place to place, from event to event.  Focus our minds and hearts on the blessed gift of your son that we celebrate this time of year.  Help us release the distractions and bend ourselves toward your light.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment