It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, December 19, 2010

Time, please slow down

I can't believe that Christmas Day is less than a week away.  Where has the season gone?  As I was unloading the dishwasher I put away one of the Pfaltzgraff Christmas mugs that I dearly love.  And I thought, "No, no I'm not ready to put these away.  I just got them out it seems. No, no no".   I just don't want all this to end.  And I feel this way every year.

Yes, I've been to a performance of Handel's Messiah, my Christmas cards are all sent out, shopping is done and some cookies have been baked.  I've sung in several concerts at church, been to parties, and wrapped gifts.  But time is moving on.  So I'm just going to have to enjoy these next few days as much as I can.  And I think I will delay putting away anything until Epiphany.

No comments:

Post a Comment