It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, March 24, 2012

On the wildflower trail

After a lengthy morning choir rehearsal Jaydon and I headed out to the Wildseed Farm and to search for wildflowers.  It was drizzling on the drive up and I noticed that the flowers seemed to lighten up as we drove north; I was afraid we were too early..  However, there were a few flowers here and there. 



The Wildseed Farm had several patches of bluebonnets so I made pictures there. 


 
I was really wanting to get off the main road and look for flowers on the way home, but the sun had come out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.  Not exactly good for shooting pictures and besides, I really wasn't seeing any spectacular displays of flowers on the main road so I figured there wouldn't be much off the main road either. 

We had a good time at the Wildseed Farm.  It was different this year, though.  Jaydon can read now and he stopped to read the signs by the plants.  I think he enjoyed the plants this year, as much as he enjoyed just being at one of his favorite places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment