It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Monday, March 12, 2012

It's time for random thoughts

I really planned on doing an organized post but decided to just wander around a little.  I have three projects due this week for school, so I need to un-organize a little here with this blog.

First thought:  I'm fighting pink eye right now, ugh!  Yuk, major annoying.  I had to miss church yesterday.   I was able to go to work today but am still red eyed.  Go away, pink eye and stay away.

On a happier note second thought is that Daylight Saving Time has returned.  Yippee!  It stays lighter longer so on the nights when I don't have an activity I can stay outside longer.  This is a good thing.

Third thought:  Bluebonnets are popping out everywhere and the mesquite trees are blooming.  So it is safe to say that winter is over.  It is time for sandals and shorts to come out!

Fourth thought:   How did I survive before I had digital photography (or digital music, or digital anything really).  What an amazing invention for our generation.  I can't imagine not being able to just snap away with no regard for how many pictures I'm taking.  I think of my Dad and his film camera that accompanied us on all our journeys.  He had to manually thread the film through the thing, and set up for each picture.  Amazingly, he rarely missed the exposure and correct setting for a picture.  I digress, but the point is that digital photography is marvelous.


Final thought:  It is the season of Lent.  We are preparing for Good Friday and Easter morning.  I find myself wondering if I have really spent enough time really contemplating the meaning of this season.  I've been trying to read through the Bible on a read-in-a year-plan but I think I need to skip over to the New Testament and read the Gospels.  They tell a familiar story but I think I need to hear it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment