It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Writing

July is over, now it is August and so I tell myself that my blogging sabbatical is over.  I just wish that August and this heat was over, but we still have a month to go.  Maybe we will get some relief, maybe not!

I've been thinking a lot about writing lately.  My current class is Old Testament (since this is a Christian u. I have to take 12 hours of religion) and I'm really enjoying it, more on the class later.  Homework is heavy duty, but very interesting.  Week before last in addition to all the homework I was supposed to write a 2 page paper on Proverbs 31.  I had finished everything else, but just ran out of time and wasn't really sure what to write about anyway.  The assignment assumed that I knew more than I did, so I was tempted just to skip the paper.  But being the over achiever that I am, I knew I had to write the paper.  So, on the day of class, just before the lunch hour I decided to start writing.  I thought I would try to just blah, blah, blah and get a page typed.  Before I knew it I was at the bottom of the second page and realized that I needed to end the paper.  I don't know what it was but the words just came to me.

I had a flash back to the first time I went to college and I remembered doing the same thing.  I would sit down to write a paper and the words would just come.  Only then, I was handwriting papers and then going to the typing lab and typing up the paper (complete with manual footnotes and formatting).  It seems that once I start writing the words just fly from my brain to my fingers and onto the page. 

And now I have this post to put my words onto.  So, I'm motivated to do some writing now that my sabbatical is over.  But first, I did a presentation for class last night and had the inspiration to use some of my pictures with the scriptures I was covering.  So, I offer the following picture with scripture:


"Do you not know?  Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth."  Isaiah 40:28


No comments:

Post a Comment