It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, August 5, 2011

Is it pumpkin time yet?

August, ugh!  A few days ago, I was musing on the thought that August is just a blah month.  There is just nothing in the month of August except extreme heat. Now, yes, we have a few family birthdays but none are immediate family.  And there are no holidays or other events to celebrate.  School usually starts in August so that is it.  So what good is August?  All I think of in August is hot, hot, hot.  Everything is dry and dusty.

So, as I was musing I couldn't help but think about fall.  Usually I can't wait to get out those pumpkins and fall decorations and about this time I start getting the bug to get that stuff out.  In my mind Labor Day is the time to decorate for fall but I usually make myself wait until the first of October.  I don't know if it is the heat or what but right now I'm not getting excited about fall.  I think August just needs to be done and over with and then I'll be ready for those pumpkins.  Is it September yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment