It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, August 15, 2010

Welcome Home!

Jaydon came home Friday night and he and I were reunited today. I've got a few days off and we are going to catch up on some of the things we've missed doing this summer. It is hard to believe that school starts a week from tomorrow. Summers really do fly by. Jaydon is already looking forward to getting out all my fall decorations and tonight we read two fall books (Five Little Pumpkins and the Berenstein Bears Trick or Treat) so I think he is ready for fall!

Jaydon has spent the day getting reacquainted with everything. He was surprised to see Baylee and tonight he and Cameron really played well together. And we played outside until dark, too. It is so good to have him home. I couldn't help but think of the story of the prodigal son where he returns and his father orders a feast and a celebration in his honor. No, Jaydon is not the prodigal son, and he was only gone for a few weeks but now I understand that father's joy at the return of his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment