It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, January 5, 2014

Time to wrap it up

Christmas has come and gone and New Year's is past, too.  I find it hard to believe that the season is over and it is time to move back into ordinary winter day times.

It was a good Christmas season; I made sure of that because I started out with the right attitude about the season and kept that attitude going throughout.  I've always enjoyed the week between Christmas and New Year's, too, and this year was no exception.  Now this weekend wrapped it up with a visit from family members.  We shared good times together, complete with a family meal around my table on Saturday night. 

Now it is time to close the season and put everything away.  Strange, as I get older I am less compelled to rush to get everything packed and stored.  With family coming in I had decided to leave everything out a few more days.  Tonight the tree is dark and I miss the glow it gave to the room.  The Dickens Village is still lit, warm and cozy. Tomorrow night I have to start taking it all down, putting it away until next year.

Now it is time to start looking for those small, simple things again.  Like this one small geranium blooming cheerfully on a winter afternoon just before I had to move it under the porch and cover it up since we will have a freeze tonight and tomorrow night. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment