It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, December 11, 2012

And now...

Christmas can begin!

Now I feel like I can really start getting into Christmas and the Holiday spirit!  What's been wrong?  What's been standing between me and enjoying this wonderful season?  Well, I had this spreadsheets class I was trying to finish.  It should have been super easy but, wow, it was a doozy.  It was my fault that I got behind, and there was much work to be done.  I've done nothing but spreadsheets for the last 2 1/2 weeks.  Tonight I submitted the last project.  I'm done, it is finished.  I feel like a weight has disappeared from my life, I'm free!
 
As I celebrated this feeling of freedom tonight I realized that I understand why some people dread the Christmas season and feel so weighed down.  It is hard to get into the spirit of the season when you have something that is occupying all your thoughts and all your time.  If there is an obstacle in the path it blocks your way; same thing with Christmas. 
 
Now I can enjoy the lights on the tree, the glow of the Dicken's Village, think about making a new wreath and mailing out those cards.  Oh yes, there are a few parties and a Christmas concert to check off the calendar before Christmas Eve.  Most importantly, now that my thoughts are cleared I can focus on the real meaning of the season - celebrating the gift of the Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment