It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A week to go

It has been nice to have a long Christmas season this year.  I woke up this morning enjoying the fact that Christmas Day is a week away, most of my to-dos are done, and most of my major social commitments are done.  I actually feel like I can enjoy this next week, which is the way it should be. 
 
So, it's time to sit down with a hot cup of tea (or Gluhwein) and listen to Christmas carols while watching the lights on the tree.  I don't need the hustle and bustle, nor standing in lines in a store.  I don't need another party (after a while aren't they all the same?).  I've still got presents to wrap, grocery lists to make and maybe a batch or two of ginger snaps.  
 
Christmas is a beautiful time.  I'm thankful for a little time to enjoy peace and good cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment