It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, February 10, 2012

Home Sweet Home

There's no place like home, literally.  There is just something very comforting about coming home, to my home, closing the door and pulling the walls around me.  Home sweet home, ahhhhh!

After two intense weeks at work, dealing with school, taking care of the house, the dogs and the yard I'm done.  So tonight was one of those "home" nights when I came home and pulled the walls around me.  I put on my cozy sweats and just felt like a moth in a cocoon.  Jaydon is here with me and he did the same thing, just enjoying being in my house.  The world is locked outside and in here it is just our peaceful space.

I look forward to coming home every day and just love the nights like tonight when I don't have to go anywhere and I can just come home and be wrapped in the coziness of my house.  There are many days at work when all I can think of is getting home and surrounding myself with the comfort of home.

I am thankful for my home, for the walls that enfold me with their reassurance, and for the peace that being at home brings to me.  I know that many of the homeless people claim that they don't want to live in a permanent shelter and that they enjoy being free, but I need a home base, a place to call my own. Mmmmm, home sweet home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment