It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cookbook writing and cooking

Many posts ago I mentioned that I intended to someday write a cookbook and title it "Mighty Fine".  Well, I'm happy to announce that I've finally started the process.  Yippee!  I've created an online account to start typing in recipes, haven't typed in any yet mind you but I figure that if I try to do one a day (so to speak) that I can have the cookbook ready to go to press around the end of June.  My goal is to have 150-200 recipes. I plan to include the family favs and some of the other not so familiar recipes that I enjoy.   I'll try to put periodic updates on the blog on my progress. 

I have to admit that I like to eat and I like good food.  Now I'm not a big eater and usually can't finish a restaurant meal, but I do like to eat.  I was very picky as a child and sometimes as an adult I still have to remind myself to just try something and give it a chance.  I prefer just plain old everyday cooking, but I don't pass up an upscale meal either. One of the things about traveling that I enjoy is trying new foods and eating in different restaurants.   I like a good tasting meal that is beautifully presented but I really don't care for these trendy places that bring you one olive at a time (so to speak) because you really can't enjoy the food.   

Eating out is fun, but there's nothing like a home cooked meal.    Just about every Sunday night our family gathers around my table for a meal and I enjoy preparing that meal.  The same with Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter.  I like to cook when the meal is going to be eaten and appreciated but I do not like to cook just for the sake of putting a meal on the table.  That's just drudgery.  

To close this post on the subject of food I have to offer the Wesleyan Grace:

Be present at our table, Lord
Be here and everywhere adored.
These favors bless and grant that we
May feast in fellowship with Thee.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment