It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Some fresh air thoughts

When I got home yesterday afternoon I followed the usual routine of walking out in the backyard with the dogs; this is just a habit left over from their early days but I still want to make sure that they take care of their business.  As I waited on them I realized how nice it was outside.  I had been stuck inside all day and the change of being in the fresh air was wonderful!  I decided that I needed to spend some time outside, so I changed my clothes and went out.

As I sat down on the deck I realized that I had not been outside on the deck to just sit in quite a while.  I had stopped going out in the early morning when the temperatures dropped down in December and the evenings had been too busy to just sit around.    It was around 60 degrees with a light breeze, ah beautiful for a January afternoon. The neighborhood was peaceful even though there were traffic sounds and barking dogs. My dogs were playing happily.  So this was a pleasant treat and I soon found myself just relaxing and just thinking.

I found myself thanking God for the opportunity to sit down on the deck, being thankful for the fresh air and gentle breeze and the peace of the moment.  I thanked God for giving me a tiny spot on the face of the earth to call my own, and I almost felt like I was sitting in a heaven like setting.  The phrase "I will praise the Lord at all times" came to my mind.  Those quiet, peaceful moments spent thanking God and reflecting made me realize that I do not always have a heart of praise but I should.  I truly felt myself praising God as I sat there and so determined that I needed to keep that thought in my head. Just a quick thought of praise is all we need, no matter what the situation. A heart lifted in praise to the Lord is a heart filled with joy, blessings and peace.

Psalm 34:1 I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment