It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The last thing of 2011

I literally spent the last hours of 2011 finishing the projects pictured below.  As I snipped the last threads I thought to myself that it seemed appropriate to finish a project as the year was ending.  As I posted a while back I have many UFOs (unfinished objects) and WIPs (works in progress).  Symbolically, at least, I hope that since I ended the year with a finished project that 2012 will bring more completed UFOs and WIPs.


I had started these two placemats for the boys a while back.  I had taken a class in machine applique at the 2010 Quilt Festival and really enjoyed it, so had decided to make these placemats.  They were fun to make, just took forever.  I had problems with the embroidery machine and it had to go in the shop for work (covered by the warranty, thank heaven) but had left the Elna set up for applique and worked on these from time to time.  Then I really had a problem, my sewing room became a junk room and I could barely walk through it, much less get in there to sew.  I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but I did make a picture of the room in its total disarray.

I spent the day after Christmas getting the room cleaned out, cleaned up, and rearranged.  I haven't made an after picture, but will soon.  I find myself now just looking in there and admiring the room!  It looks so nice, and it is a good feeling to have it straightened out.  But the best part is that I can walk in, sit down and sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment