It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, May 20, 2011

!Sonrie!

Last night I was sitting at a stop light, on my way to handbells.  I've gotten roped into subbing for a few weeks (I gave up my permanent spot but that is a long story) with the handbell group.  I had moaned and groaned all day about having to give up an hour of my precious evening to go stand up there and ring bells.  Wah, wah wah.  I know that God listens patiently to me because I frequently wah, wah, wah.  So there I was, sitting at this stop light moaning and groaning and I noticed the license plate holder on the car in front of me.  It said, "!Sonrie! !Jesus Te Ama!".  And immediately, I had to smile!  If it had been in English I would have thought, "oh, that's nice, Jesus loves me" but something about the joyousness of the Spanish made me smile and brought a feeling of joy to me.  !Sonrie! ! Jesus Te Ama!

I went on to practice thinking that thought over and over, in Spanish.  Handbell practice went quickly and I was on my way home before I knew it.  I know that God put that license plate holder there for a reason...to remind me that he loves me and that I should love him (and ringing handbells for His glory).  So, Smile!  Jesus Loves You, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment