It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thoughts for Shrove Tuesday

I'm finding it hard to believe that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the Lenten Season.  But then again, it is March and some years at this time we are already well into the Days of Lent.  I found something interesting last night so I thought I would share it here.

I love clothes.  I'm not one of these people who live to shop, but I do like to wear nice clothes.  I'm not sure if I like working or if I just like getting up and getting dressed up every morning!  I love clothes.  So in reading Colossians 3 I was surprised to find three references to clothing ourselves in a spiritual sense.  Three times Paul makes reference to clothing ourselves:
  1. verse 10, clothe yourself with a new self (the preceeding verses discuss getting rid of the old self)
  2. verse 12, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience
  3. verse 13, above all, clothe yourself with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony
Some good things to think about as you put on your clothes in the morning, right?  During Lent remember to put on your spiritual clothes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment