It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow?.....Snow!

We had snow last night!  Not much but enough to qualify as snow and to shut down our freeways for several hours.


I probably had about a quarter of an inch of very powdery snow.  And like most of the city there was layer of ice under the snow.

The puppies loved it!  I'm putting more pictures on their blog. 

I had the thought as I went to bed last night that I felt like it was Christmas Eve and I was waiting for Santa.  The weather forcast was pretty definite that it would snow so I laid awake waiting for the snow, just like I was waiting for Santa.  As I drifted off I couldn't help but think how strange it is when we know something is going to happen while we sleep.  And sure enough when I got up at 4:40 a.m. to look out, the snow had quietly fallen while I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment