It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sun, Mist, and Fog

When I left home this morning it was cloudy and a little misty. By the time I got to the freeway, the sun was trying to come out and I wondered if I should pull out my sunglasses. But the sun quickly disappeared and clouds appeared again. In a few minutes I was driving through fog, looking for familiar landmarks. And the thought came to me that the weather this morning was similar to life.

Sometimes life is sunny and bright. We pull out our sunglasses and relax and enjoy the drive down life's pathway. But then it can get cloudy and little misty and life just doesn't seem right. Then the fog rolls in, troubles abound and unhappiness is in our heart. We look for familiar landmarks as we struggle to get through the fog. We can't see the path of life and feel all alone.

As I reached my office the fog began to thin. The sun was shining through the fog so it was lighter, almost like a cloud and made it have a slight pink tint. Sometimes life is like that, too. The fog of life swirls around us but we see the sun trying to shine through to us and light the pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment