It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Some thoughts on blogging

As you've noticed I've redecorated (so to speak) my blog.  I did this New Year's Eve and had so much fun!  I'm still working on it, and it may be a continual work in progress as it gave me a creative "fix".  I added a string of pictures down the right hand side, and I think this will be like a digital frame with always changing pictures.  Next I'm going to update the pages.

Tonight I realized that I've been blogging for three-quarters of a year. I have to say that I've really enjoyed working on this project!  I re-read my first post which discusses why I started this blog.  I'm not sure if I've really kept to my original intention.  I think it has been more of a creative outlet and a way to share events and photos than a writing endeavor.  Since this is a time for New Year's resolutions I found myself thinking about the blog. I would like to resolve to do more devotional thoughts and more creative writing (so if this isn't your type of reading just skip those posts). I have done several posts on small things, but really want to focus on them because I think they are so important. And I think I want to post more with the thought of putting the posts into a printed format (so in other words no quick writing, begin with the end in mind!).  So that's how I want to start the year with the Small Simple Things of Life.

Thanks for reading, stay tuned during 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment