It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, January 28, 2011

Picture of the Week-Sunrise


 
One advantage to having the dogs is that I've gotten reaquainted with the night sky, what little I can see through the trees and the city lights.  When I take them out early in the morning I find myself looking east to see the morning star (Venus) and watching the phases of the moon.  This morning when I took them out before leaving for work I looked east but by this time the morning star was gone, the sun was rising.  The colors in the sky were so light, yet so vibrant.  It was not a brilliant, flaming expanse of color but the various colors were so soft and soothing.  After a few seconds of admiring this display I decided to run in the house and get the camera.  In the minute that it took to get the camera and get it set the light had already begun to change.  But I managed to get this shot before the sky just turned to a soft orange.

As I drove to work I thought about the pre-sunrise moment I had witnessed.  I'm not a morning person and don't usually have a reason to watch a sunrise.  But I know that that moment was a gentle gift from God, a quiet blessing to the start of my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment