It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Time, continued

I've been thinking about the quote from Ecclesiastes on last night's post. I think there are several ways to look at this so here are some random thoughts.
  • Are most people satisfied with their lives and the "toil" that they do.
  • Or do most people have the Eeyore attitude about life? There's a little black cloud hanging over me, why is it that everything I do flops, I don't know what I did to deserve this but it must have been very bad, I must not be living right, why is God punishing me? We hear those comments all the time, and yes sometimes they are said humorously but may come from deep down within.
  • Do we just go through life, or the activities of our day, and just think blah blah blah or do we strive to be pleased and satisfied with our tasks and the lifestyle that we pursue.
  • And, I've never had the Pollyanna type belief that only good things happen to God's people but this verse states very plainly that being satisfied and content with your life is a gift from God.
  • Does this gift really refer to having peace in your heart, we should have that anyway. I wonder if this refers to something else (satisfaction vs peace)
  • I'd like to know what the word for"toil" that was used here really meant in the Hebrew language.
  • The thought of eating and drinking and being satisfied with my life is very calming, and yes, it is a gift from God to be so blessed. As I explore this thought in my life I'll keep posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment