It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boston MA

My trip began and ended in Boston. Most of our signtseeing was done by bus, but I had time at the beginning and end of the trip to do some walking and due to our bus being delayed the first morning our guide took us on a short walking trip. I think of Boston as a modern city and financial center and had never really thought about all the historical events that took place there. We were all amazed that so much of Boston is on man-made land, too. I picked up several books to read on the American Revolution (I see a trip to the library soon, too for some research) and on Boston. Since we are just a few days away from celebrating July 4th I thought it very significant to be in the city where many of the events that led up to the Declaration of Independence took place and to feel maybe just a little bit of what those people were feeling as they dumped the tea in the harbor!


This is the Old State House and the site of the Boston Massacre

Quincy Market (Fanuiel Hall is close by)



And, of course....sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name

No comments:

Post a Comment