It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, January 9, 2016

Recharging

IMG_9897.JPG
Most of us remember when rechargeable batteries were introduced. They were quickly accepted and hailed as remarkable, especially by parents. The charger in my house was constantly in use! Within a few years rechargeable devices were commonplace, too. Today new homes feature a charging station, public places also have charging stations, and there are even the little portable quick charger devices. We live in a rechargeable world. Your battery is dead? No problem, here’s a cord and an outlet, recharge.

But we also need to recharge our inner self, our spiritual self. One night this week I had a brief time between arriving home and heading out to an evening activity. Even though I had other things to do I felt like I just needed to go outside and sit on my deck for a few minutes. It would soon be dark and the air was cool, so quiet and peaceful. As my mind emptied itself of the stress of the day at work I realized that I was recharging. I continued to sit quietly, watching the darkness fall and letting my inner battery recharge.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Psalm 23:1-3 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment