It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, January 1, 2016

Friday Fives 01.01.2016

Yes, I know, I was going to switch over to just posting on Small Simple Things but for some reason I can't get this original blog off my mind.  So, I'm going to post a few things here, too.

It's time for another edition of Friday Fives - the first edition of 2016!  Happy New Year, dear readers!

My idea of NYE!
  1. I'm thankful for another year of life.  While turning the calendar to the new year isn't really remarkable it does remind me that I've made it through the past year and am now living in the next.
  2. While I don't like cold weather I am thankful for the joy and comfort of winter things.  Sweaters and sweats, fuzzy socks, soups, stew, and chili, and lots of warm beverages.  And fireplaces.
  3. I'm thankful for progress on a long put off project.  I started today sifting through a box of papers to be sorted, filed and/or shredded. 
  4. Now that I've started it and seen a feeling of accomplishment it doesn't seem so intimidating and dreaded.I'm thankful for family and friends and time spent in each other's company.
  5. I'm thankful for words.  Words to read and words to write. Words that bring pictures to my mind. Words to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment