It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday 06.24.2015


On my recent overnight stay in Comfort I spent some quiet time sitting in the hanging swing by the little creek.  It was a little chilly and damp, but still it was a peaceful place to sit and knit.  There was a deer feeder across the creek; it didn't disturb me in this case because it was strictly for the purpose of feeding the deer.

I had noticed several trails that led from the upper bank right down into the water and wondered what had made them.  At first I thought of boat trailers being backed down to the water, but the creek wasn't deep enough for any kind of boat.  And, I wondered if maybe it was from people walking down into the creek.  But the deer answered my questions.

After a group had fed for a few minutes around the feeder they began to wander toward the creek.  In groups of 2 or 3 they then came down the creek bank following the little trails and into the water.  Some walked across and a few almost appeared to swim across.  All came up out of the water, shook themselves off and proceeded to move on to a field across the way to complete their evening meal.  None of them noticed me sitting on the swing.  I was amazed and felt like I was almost a part of their world.  Almost, but not quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment