It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, June 13, 2015

Perfect Saturday

I'm taking only a short break from the pointy sticks story and it will conclude shortly.  However, today was such a nice day that I felt I should share it here.  Actually, the last two Saturdays have been perfect and worthy of sharing.

Last weekend my sister and nephew were here for the weekend.  The intended plans went awry, but the alternative turned out to be well received.  My sister grew up here, but her son is a native Houstonian.  We shared with him a bit of San Antonio that he had never experienced.
Chapel, Mission San Jose
Mission Espada
Tower of the Americas
The River Walk

Of course, the day ended with a meal shared with other family members at our favorite Mexican restaurant! 




Today it was just me and really, this was a me day.  It started with a trip to the Farmers Market at the historic Pearl Brewery.  I love fresh (really fresh) vegetables and this is the best place to get them.  All the vendors are from the surrounding area, so it is a win-win.  I get fresh veggies and other products and they get income from their farm's produce.


I took Sawyer along with me, big mistake.  He is not a shopper, he is an adventure dog.  He was vertical more than he was horizontal, jumping up and down up and down.  He got his feet wet and then jumped on me getting me wet and dirty!  He wanted to GO, GO, GO! 

The only time he was still was while he waited for me to give him another bite of egg & chorizo from my breakfast taco! It was only about 10:30 and the temperature was in the mid 80's, but the humidity was bad and I was hot, so much to his delight we headed for home.

This afternoon I headed north to Blanco to the Lavender Festival.  Blanco County was hard hit by the recent flooding and many of the vendors had signs up that they were donating a portion of their profits to flood victims' relief programs.


There are many vendors offering a wide variety of products. There is just about any kind of art and craft products imaginable.  Plants and other products, including lavender everything, are offered.  Prices are reasonable and everyone is friendly.


I enjoyed browsing and made a few purchases.  I went inside the Old Blanco County Courthouse for the first time and then into a local shop for some shopping.  To cool off I tried a big glass of lavender tea.  It was wonderful; the lady that poured it for me suggested making it half sweet and half unsweet when I mentioned that it was just too hot for sugary tea. 

Tonight was member appreciation night at the Botanical Garden.  The Garden was open for members and pets and picnic suppers were welcome, too.  I took Bentley and Baylee along and the three of us enjoyed a leisurely stroll through the garden.  The evening light was soft and there was a nice breeze that cooled us. Perfect ending to a perfect "me" Saturday!
Do you know how hard it is to get two distracted dogs to both look at you at the same time?

Finally! 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tour! You made me homesick for San Antonio and the Hill Country.

    ReplyDelete