It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sometimes...

a girl just has to do what a girl has to do.  Sometimes you just have to break out of the normal routine and do something different.

It all started last night as I left for obedience class with Bentley.  Sawyer had a melt down; he really knows how to pull my heart strings, too.  He had his saddest face on and was barking at me with the bark he uses to fuss at me sometimes.  I felt bad, so I mentally promised myself that I would load him up real soon into the car and take him to our favorite park to walk the trails. 



I've gotten out of the habit of walking (again) and need to get back into it. All the dogs need exercise, especially Sawyer who has packed on a few too many pounds for some reason.  I need the exercise and fresh air, too.  I always seem to have an excuse on the evenings when I don't have to go anywhere and none of them are really acceptable.

Today, as I worked at the-job-to-nowhere I thought about my promise to take Sawyer to the park.  I decided that it would be the perfect evening to do so and resolved that I would not make any excuses.  Just load him up and go.  So I did, and I was glad that I broke with the normal routine. The temperature was around 70 degrees and the late afternoon/early evening light on the trails was lovely.  It was very refreshing and left me with some positive thoughts. Sawyer enjoyed the easy pace of the walk and being able to have limited snooping opportunities along the trails; it was good for him, too.



As we walked along I realized that taking time to do something you enjoy is very important.  Just working all the time at the job or chores drags you down.  Living only in the routine of life drags you down. Taking time out for a walk, or anything else, is refreshing and rejuvenating and lifts your spirit up.   I need to add "take time to do the things I enjoy" to my list of things to do regularly. Just break out of the routine and enjoy.


For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment