It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's Good to Laugh (at yourself)

Pansies
I pulled a magazine out of the mailbox one afternoon this past week.  I won't name it here, but you may recognize it after I describe what was on the cover.  I was enchanted when I saw the cover.  There was a dazzling display of beautiful cupcakes, arranged on a pedestal bowl.  Just lovely, ooooh aaaah, I thought.  The cupcakes were white cake, baked in little paper cups and then displayed in larger paper cups:  green with white polka dot paper cups.  The frosting was a smooth, robin's egg blue and perched on top of each cupcake were two sweet little pansy blossoms.  Oooh, aaah, I thought.

Then I had this sudden surge of inspiration:  Wouldn't it be wonderful to make these for Easter?  Oh, yes, yes, I have to do this. I know how to make those little pansies, I have the decorating tip to make them and all the colors, too.  I could just see those little cupcakes sitting on my pedestal bowl, just as pretty as you please.

And then the bubble burst.  Really, you're going to bake the cupcakes, make the frosting, decorate the cupcakes, and then prepare the little flowers and attach them to the cupcakes?  Really, so when do you plan to do this?  As I walked into the house I started to laugh at myself because it was just a ridiculous thought that I would have time to do such a project. 

The little cupcakes on the magazine cover are beautiful.  Maybe I will just put the magazine in my pedestal bowl and put it on the table. Yes, that will be just fine and much easier, too.

4 comments:

  1. You have inspired me...to buy the cupcakes, and just put the edible pesticide-free nasturtiums on them instead...okay, so not even that, but you are right, it is a delicious thought. Bet K will actually be making them, and we can just enjoy them vicariously on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, thank you for stopping by Southern Lagniappe and taking the time to leave a comment. I love your "Small Simple Things of Life," and have added you to my "Favorite Places to Visit." I also look forward to reading your "Doorway into the Past" blog. I, too, love old places ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by here, too!

    ReplyDelete