It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, June 30, 2012

Salsa 101

I love salsa!  My sister and I refer to ourselves as "salsa aficionados" and really the whole clan are lovers of this miracle food.  Real salsa is homemade with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice and a host of other ingredients. Jaydon and I made a double batch for the girls' party.  We had fun making it but the best part is sampling it to make sure the seasonings are just right!

This is the perfect salsa!  Not too hot, but big on flavors!
As I enjoyed some of the leftovers this week I couldn't help but think about how good it feels to eat salsa.  I don't think of it as comfort food, like homemade macaroni and cheese, but it tastes good and leaves a pleasant taste in your mouth and in your "taste memory". 

Jaydon is good help in the kitchen, but I had to watch him with the Tabasco.  He and I both love it but I know that a few drops go a loooonnnngggg way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment