It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Thursday, June 21, 2012

Consider the work of God.                                           Ecclesiastes 7:13
I've always loved hibiscus shrubs.  They are fairly tropical, I remember them being everywhere in Florida the times I was there.  I remember my great-aunt (who lived across the road from my maternal grandparents) had a large hibiscus that grew outside her kitchen door.  It had bright red blossoms and bloomed all summer or so it seemed.  Looking back, I'm sure that Aunt Tient (yes, that was her legal name) must have wrapped the bush up during the winter to keep it alive, as it does get very cold in Mississippi. Whenever I see a red hibiscus I think of her.  She always called them "hi-biscuits"!

No comments:

Post a Comment