It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bastrop State Park

This weekend we headed out to Bastrop State Park to do a little camping.  The park had been devastated by a wild fire over Labor Day Weekend 2011 so I wasn't sure what we would find but I knew it would not be like I remembered it.  Just like a tornado, the fire had been selective about where it went-totally destroying some areas, skipping some areas altogether and just licking at some areas.  We had great weather and a good camp out.  I had made a two night reservation so we had plenty of time to enjoy.  I took Sawyer and Bentley along, check out the dog blog for their adventure.

Eight months after the fire.  Note the clusters of new growth around the oak trees, very encouraging!
This area was totally burned.      

Jaydon did a lot of scooter riding.  The family camped next to us had a 7-year old boy that Jaydon enjoyed playing with.  This was the view from our campsite; the fallen logs are part of an area that was partially burned.
Every kid in the park had some type of headgear with lights!  And, yes, by this time on Friday night Jaydon was hot, dirty, and tired!     


Jaydon and the dogs, Sunday morning.  We had a great camp site!


I'm going to do a post on the park and more on the fire when I have a little more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment