It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Old things, beloved things


This is a picture of something that is now long gone, my grandfather's barn.  I think I made this picture in the summer of 1993 using a primitive, so to speak, 35mm film camera. I scanned this picture from the negative so that is the difference in quality.

Lately I've been enjoying following a blog that I found several weeks ago.  It is http://misspreservation.com/ and is about historic preservation in Mississippi.  I love reading the articles and looking at the pictures.  I've always loved old buildings and homes, especially the ones in Mississippi!  The sad part is that now many of the buildings that were relatively new when I was growing up are considered old and needing preservation!

No comments:

Post a Comment