It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, January 16, 2015

Favorite Friday Fish

The fifth grader frequently asks for his favorite Friday meal - tilapia.  We decided tonight to name it "Our Favorite Friday Fish".  I found the recipe on the can of Old Bay seasoning and it is very easy!

Brush both sides of fish fillets with oil and place on a foil lined pan.  Mix together 1 teaspoon of the Old Bay reduced sodium seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (I use McCormick's California Blend).  Sprinkle evenly over the fillets and bake at 400 degrees until done.

The original recipe was for salmon, but I always use tilapia. Tonight the requested sides were green beans, avocado and a sliced pear.  I would have liked some pasta or couscous, but was too lazy to just make it for me.  We ate in front of a nice little fire while watching Cartoon Network and then switching to the Disney channel.  A perfect Friday night for me!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I had a similar-looking baked tilapia at home last week, except I have no idea what was in the seasoning. I love your blue willow plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My household likes tilapia and we usually bake it with lemon pepper. We like it with a baked sweet potato and something green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish and light, just what I've been craving lately. And I love your plates too! I've eaten many a meal from blue willow as that was my grandmother's everyday china.

    ReplyDelete