It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, January 3, 2015

Challenge Yourself!

My grandkids have this little laptop-like toy that they play with from time to time.  The little monkey on the screen tells them to "Challenge Yourself" and then gives them a task to complete.  I've been hearing this little monkey in my head since right after Christmas.  

As I shared earlier, I usually don't make New Year's resolutions although at this time of year I think of certain things that I need to accomplish. Right after Christmas I realized that I needed to spend sometime clearing my mind and to start planning ahead. It was as I was rolling all this around in my salad-spinner like mind that I started hearing the monkey.  Challenge yourself, challenge yourself, I just have to challenge myself.

Rather than making resolutions, compiling to do lists, or setting goals I've come to the honest conclusion that I just need to challenge myself with each activity.  I'm just competitive enough that the idea of a challenge is motivating to me.  I've decided that 2015 will be the year of the challenge.  Bless that little monkey's heart; I find direction in the strangest places.



No comments:

Post a Comment