It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, May 17, 2014

Choices

I had made this picture at one of the local parks, while walking the dogs (yes, that is Bentley in the immediate foreground).  As I stood there looking ahead I was reminded about the road of life. We can see ahead on the path, but usually only for a short distance.  Sometimes there is a curve, too. Or there is a choice when the path splits into two paths.

In a book that I've started reading (and intend to someday finish) the author makes the statement that our future is determined by the choices we make today.  While this is true, I also think this can be turned around to the past:  the choices we made in the past determine who we are now.

I often find myself thinking "what if I had..." or " I should have..." in regard to my past decisions, but then I remind myself that the way it was was the way it was and there is no going back to do things differently.  I know that those choices I made have made me the person I am today and that was/is the way my life was meant to be. With that realization I know that I need to remember that the choices I make today are the ones that determine the future.
 
A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment