It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Sunday, November 3, 2013

Quilt Art


Wind by Masanobu Miyama, photograph taken at the International Quilt Festival, Houston 2013
This is a quilt, yes a quilt!  It is made of fabric, small pieces of fabric assembled to form a picture.  There are many quilts that use this technique on display at the International Quilt Festival.  As much as I love the traditional quilts on display, I find myself intrigued by this modern form of art. This dog reminded me of my English Cream dachshunds, but the exact breed of the dog wasn't revealed in the artist's comments.
This is the creator's description of her project
Firecracker by Virginia Greaves photographed at the International Quilt Festival, Houston 2013
This is a quilt, too!  This photo is closer so you can see the stitching.
Note the sold sticker on the description.  I would have a hard time letting someone buy this if I had made it!
Grandpa's Farm by Cindy Kozlowski, photographed at the International Quilt Festival, Houston 2013
I saw this one across the way and couldn't wait to get up close. The quilt was interesting, but so was the story behind it.

And, finally something fun...
The Great Crate Escape by Pauline Salzman, photographed at the International Quilt Festival, Houston 2013

1 comment:

  1. Very creative! I like Thelma and Louise at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete