It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Taste of Fall

Last Saturday morning and this morning have been so cool!  What a nice way to start the day by opening the back door to let the dogs out and feeling that nice cool air greet me instead of a wave of hot, humid air.  I think it is a taste of fall, just a tease really.  But it lets me know that the hot days are almost over and that soon it will be time to pull out the pumpkins and sweaters.  I look for fall, and am usually disappointed because we just don't really have a true fall.  But I take what I can and these cooler mornings are welcomed.

Jaydon and I went to the Botanical Garden this morning.  They have an exhibit of playhouses and forts.  This one is our favorite.  Jaydon pulled up some of the boards on this one and discovered that they were numbered.  I explained that they had probably built this somewhere else and then numbered the parts so they could move it to the Garden.  Looking at the numbered pieces was almost as fun as the playhouse for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment