It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wednesday 04.20.2016

IMG_0330.JPG
Long ago I accepted the fact that I have an invisible sign in my front yard.  It has various inscriptions such as "Hungry, stop here and go no further" or "Pregnant and homeless?  Stop here.  The kind hearted soul will feed you, care for your young, and have you spayed afterward so you can live happily ever after".
So I was not surprised when this battle scarred kitty started hanging around.  I tried to run it off and it just laid down in the yard and looked me like it was saying, "I'm not a bad kitty, I really just want to hang around here, please, please".  It got along well with Lacey (surprisingly) and I think the thing that suckered me in was that it appeared to be starving.  So I began feeding it twice a day.  Lucky kitty.
I had previously seen it and several other felines hanging out at a house across the street and down the way.  The lady that lives there leaves one of the garage doors up just a bit which is a sure clue to owning a cat.  But this poor thing was starving, so I wasn't sure if it really belonged there or not.  Plus it was wearing a dirty green collar, so I felt it had to be somebody's pet even if it appeared to be starving. It spends most of its time in the bushes in front of the house, but I hoped it was up on the porch during the horrific storms we had during the last week. It would approach me like it wanted to be petted, but would only let me briefly stroke it before it would walk off as if to say, " that's all you get for now".
This morning it was waiting for the morning rations and sporting a new yellow collar.  Tonight at the evening ration time I saw a dainty little tag hanging from the collar.  Yep, there was an address for the suspected house on the tag.  I think I need to go meet the neighbor and find out the kitty's name.  That way when I feed it I can at least call it by its given name.

No comments:

Post a Comment