It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Fives 03.11.2016

IMG_0201_edited-1.jpg
Tonight I have many things for which to give thanks.  Here are 5:
  1. I'm thankful for the much needed rain that has fallen on my part of the earth this week.  The color green has reappeared in the landscape and the wildflowers are now starting to come out.  I'm also thankful we were spared from flooding and am concerned for those who are dealing with it tonight.
  2. I am thankful for leftovers.  Yes, leftovers that I can warm up on a week night and enjoy. A tasty meal with no cooking, what more could you ask for?
  3. I am thankful that Daylight Saving Time begins this weekend.  I am ready for a little more light in the evening.  A little more time outside is always a good thing.
  4. I am thankful for discoveries that I make.  I delight in finding something new (to me) and then finding about it.  This includes technology! Or finding people who lived long ago, yet their lives are still with us today.
  5. I am thankful for stories with happy endings.  For stories of pets reunited with owners, for families that find housing when they expected none, for people who turn their lives around or who survive great crises. Happy endings, we need more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment