It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Friday, July 18, 2014

Whew!

That's right, whew!  I feel like a bear that's emerging from hibernation.  After a long winter of sleep she's coming out into the light, blinking, looking around, taking deep refreshing breaths and thinking oh, that's right, this is the world. A few stretches and it is time to go back into the bear routine.

I think I went somewhat underground while finishing up one of my last classes.  While I enjoyed writing the paper on genetically modified food and doing the presentation on Enron's fall, I had to focus every minute of non-work, non-sleep time on them.  No time to write posts and no time to read posts, or anything else for that matter.  I barely even glanced at the news, but I got both assignments done and got the A!  But while I focused on them I neglected other things and found myself absolutely absorbed into doing the work. 

Creative conversion of the crate into a grooming table!
I did manage to show Bentley at two local shows last weekend, with bathing and grooming occupying my thoughts briefly.  Then it was back to finishing up the presentation.  Monday night the class was over and I had to then quickly prepare for the Thursday night class and submit assignments.  I faced a busy week at work and preparing to head to Houston for more dog shows (no showing, just steward work) again filled my thoughts. 

After a bleary-eyed drive to Houston last night I was up early this a.m. and ringside at 7 a.m.  But it was a good day, especially since for the first time I was working at the ring where the long haired dachshunds were showing!  So, the bear has come out of hibernation and remembers that yes, there is a life out here.  She yawns, stretches, and lumbers off ready to find a comfortable place for a good nights sleep.  Time to resume all those other activities tomorrow.
Ready, set, show!


1 comment: