It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Monday, November 21, 2011

Stand Up & Shout "Hallelujah"

A while back I had written about a blog that I enjoy reading, http://misspreservation.com/.  Today I was pleased to see a blurb that mentioned a building in my mother's home town.  There was a link to the county paper (sometimes I forget that the internet is everywhere!) so I clinked on it to read the article.  Just for fun I scrolled through some of the other articles of the day. 

There was a small article about one of the small towns in the county welcoming the Christmas season with their annual parade.  The theme this year is "Jesus Is the Light of the World".  Yes, that's right  Jesus is actually being mentioned and celebrated.  This little town isn't afraid they will offend someone, no sirree!  They've got the reason of the season figured out and they aren't afraid to tell it out!  Yes, the parade will feature Santa and they will have hot chocolate and refreshments afterwards.  I wish I could be there to see their parade.

So, stand up and shout "Hallelujah" for a small Mississippi town that puts Jesus in the Season!  I can't help but think that if someone did show up in the town and protest the use of religion in a public parade they would be so quickly smothered with Southern hospitality, good cooking, and the love of Jesus that they would quickly forget why they were objecting to the theme of the parade!




No comments:

Post a Comment