It is the small simple things of life that bring us peace.



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Gave A Party and No One Came!

The pumpkin was lit well before dark.  The big bowl of candy ready, sampled by Gammy, Jaydon and Stephanie.  A spare bag, large size, was nearby ready to make its entrance into the big bowl.  Candles were burning in the fireplace, coziness abounded in my house.  Ah!  Halloween, ready for trick-or-treaters. 

Or so I thought.  Jaydon and Stephanie headed out just before dark to John's house and his neighborhood.  I was ready for the doorbell to start ringing, dogs in the kitchen to prevent any escapes.   But only three treaters came to my door, all polite, all cutely dressed up.  But only three.  I went out about 7:40 to just check the neighborhood.  Other than someone playing one of those creepy sound CD's the neighborhood was fairly dark and quiet. 

It was a school night, there are not tons of small children in my subdivision, and parents are getting away from the trick-or-treat routine. And, I do live on a cul-de-sac and it was fairly dark so parents may have just skipped this street.  So, no one came to my party.  And I do love Halloween, too.  I'm already thinking that next year I'll have a real little party early in the evening and I'll actually invite people to come.   I'll have a little candy in case I get a treater or two (or three), just in case. 


No comments:

Post a Comment